If you’ve landed here, you’ve probably known that Mass Planner was shut down on May 2018.
MassPlanner was an incredible tool for social media marketers. Not only was it incredible for growing Instagram accounts, but it could handle all the most popular social platforms.
Whether you were handling 1 or 100 accounts at the same time, MassPlanner was a powerful all-in-one solution for social automation. While many just used Mass Planner as an Instagram bot, it had the power to go much further than that. It was especially branded with multiple accounts and agencies.
If you’re just learning about Mass Planner, don’t be alarmed by the fact it’s gone.
We’re going to cover exactly what it was and why it rocked. Then, we’ll reveal the best MassPlanner alternative you can start using today. Interesting, it’s an exact clone of Mass Planner!
Was MassPlanner a Scam?
No way! Mass Planner was regarded as one of the best Instagram and social media automation tools ever. it was used primarily by agencies and social media marketers who wanted to manage and grow accounts on mass!
When they closed their doors in May 2018 they continued providing service until the end of the billing period.
What Was MassPlanner?
Mass Planner was an amazing social media automation application. Not only did it function as an exceptional Instagram bot, but it could also perform mass interactions on other networks including:
It could be used to perform the follow, like and unfollowing that attracts real followers. But this is only scratching the surface of what Mass Planner could do. It could be used to run multiple accounts, across all networks, scheduling posts, growing and outreaching all on autopilot.
It was a windows application that needed to be downloaded, installed and run from a Windows machine. However, most people used virtual machines to run their software 24/7.
So Why Did Mass Planner Get Shutdown?
Facebook and Instagram saw their software and the rising popularity as a threat to their networks. After all, it’s in their best interest to keep their social platforms free from automated and potentially spammy behavior.
Social media and Instagram automation as a whole operate in a grey area. Technically it’s against their terms of service. However, it’s very difficult for them to know exactly who’s using Instagram bots or set limits.
Today, there’s 1000’s of people around the world using Mass Planner alternatives t
What Could MassPlanner Do?
We’re not joking when we say that there’s not much Mass Planner couldn’t do. Also, any action that could be performed on the social platforms could be automated using this software. For the scope of this article, we’ll focus on Instagram only.
By using the infamous “follow, like and unfollow” method on target users, you could massively increase your growth. But Mass Planner beat all other Instagram bots by providing way more this!
Instagram “Tools” included automation of all the following features:
- Follow Back
- Like Comments
- Direct Message
- Delete Posts/Comments
- Block Followers
- Scrape Hashtags/Users
- Save Posts
- View Stories
Massplanner also enables fine-tuning of how many actions to perform, such as delays between actions, how many interactions to perform. It took a while to get. For each of these tools, you could then set up your run timer settings such as shown below:
Then you could set up sources for targeting users. For example by:
- Target Account Followings or Followers
- Followers of Own Followers
- Specific Users
- Geo Location
- Users who interacted with specific accounts/posts
Filtering out users could also be performed at a sophisticated level:
Tracking Results with Mass Planner
What good is having all the targeting options if you can’t track your results? MassPlanner tracked all actions performed and provided in-depth reporting. You could monitor exactly how your Instagram automation was performing on a daily basis using graphs.
Mass Planner Positives
- Most features ever. One of the biggest advantages of Massplanner was the sheer amount of tools and options under the hood. It was the most powerful bar none!
- Worked across most social networks. Not only could it be used to grow massive Instagram accounts, but it was also used to manage profiles across every popular social platform.
- High customization and options. Massplanner was incredible for how you could set up randomized actions with delays and limits.
- Great tutorials. Although Mass Planner took so time to learn there were lots of incredible tutorials
- Regular Updates. The development and support team behind Massplanner was top notch. As soon as platform changes were noticed updates and fixes were rolled out weekly!
- Fair pricing. Starting at just $10/month it was affordable for everyone. Plus they provided additional paid options and modules for more advanced users.
Mass Planner Negatives
- You have to pay extra for modules. Depending on which functions and how many accounts you run, you may need to shell out for extra for modules
- No lifetime access. For power users, a one-off payment or yearly might make more sense. However, they only offered monthly pricing.
- No mac support. Mass planner must be run on a windows machine. However, using a Windows VPS is an easy way to get around this problem.
- Kind of “Ugly” interface. While Mass Planner was very functional, the sleekness of the interface was lacking. I guess you can’t have it all!
Overall, we fell in love with MassPlanner. Using it over 1 year we’ve grown and managed 100’s of accounts. It was our longterm favorite Instagram bot and we were shocked when it was shut down.
But thankfully there’s a new kid on the block! And it’s almost exactly the same as the mighty Massplanner.
The Best MassPlanner Alternative Right Now – Jarvee!
There are rumors that Mass Planner is very much still alive behind closed doors. It’s believed that existing users for Mass Planner were allowed to keep using it. We can neither confirm nor deny this publically…
What we can tell you is there’s an awesome MassPlanner alternative that’s available for everyone to try. And funnily enough, it’s almost an exact clone of Mass Planner in terms of the interface and features. We’ve used both side by side and we struggled to find any differences.
Anything Massplanner could or can do, Jarvee can do too!
Jarvee Review $19.95/month (Up to 10 accounts)
Jarvee is not your average Instagram Bot, it’s a complete social media automation powerhouse! Want to grow multiple accounts, across different social networks? Jarvee is what you need. Try it free for 5 days!
Features - 10/10
Ease of Use - 6.5/10
Support - 9/10
Safety - 9.5/10
Value For Money - 10/10
Reputation - 10/10
- More Features and targeting options than other Instagram bots
- Works for other Networks including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and more!
- Amazing Value For Money automates up to 10 Accounts from starter package
- Great Tutorials & Support to help you if you have problems
- 5 Day Free Trial with no credit card required
- Steeper learning curve than other tools
- Offer way more than you need if you only need to automate a single Instagram account.
- Software must be installed and run from a windows computer or VPS
So there you have it, your search for a Mass Planner alternative need go no further. Best of all, Jarvee offer a 5-day free trial to test it out.
We managed to gain 250+ followers on our account using it, let’s see if you can do better! Lets us know how you get on in the comments below.