Although Instagram started life as a mobile application, the Instagram sign up procedure on their website is just as easy!
Thankfully, you don’t have to do anything complicated. If you can’t or don’t want to download the Instagram app for any reason. You can still register and access your account from any web browser.
You can go through the official Instagram sign up online using either your mobile device or desktop computer. In this quick guide, we’ll show you exactly how to sign up to Instagram without the application. Plus we’ll cover any advantages and limitations of doing so.
Instagram Sign Up Online: Two Methods
When you go to sign up for Instagram online, there are two different methods for registering. But you should always go through the official website, don’t ever sign up for Instagram on other websites!
Here are the two verification methods you can use to sign up for Instagram without the application.
- Using your email address. This will require a valid and working email address and phone number.
- Using your Facebook account. This requires a Facebook account only.
Choose whichever option is most convenient for you. You can always go into the settings and link your Facebook and Instagram together later if needed.
Instagram Sign Up Online Without App – It’s Easy!
- Visit instagram.com
- Fill in your email address (or phone number), username and password. Then click “Sign Up“.
- If you want to use Facebook, just click “Log in With Facebook“. You’ll be directed to log into your Facebook account if you are not already.
That’s it, you’re in!
Instagram Sign Up Troubleshooting
- If you are already logged into an Instagram account on your browser, you’ll need to log out before you can create a new account.
- If you still can’t see the Instagram signup form and fields, you may try clearing your browser cache and cookies and then refreshing the page.
- Instagram allows you to manage up to five accounts. But you’ll need separate emails for each one.
You can also see the official Instagram help instructions on signing up online here.
What To Do After You Sign Up For Instagram Online
After you signup to Instagram online, you can immediately begin using your new Instagram account immediately.
Signing up for Instagram online doesn’t put limitations on your account, however, using Instagram without the application has both advantages and limitations.
Advantages to Using Instagram Online Without the App
- Larger images and videos – Instagram becomes more of a magazine experience. This results in a less rapid scrolling and actually looking carefully at posts.
- Increased self-control – For some people, social media can become somewhat of an addiction. Using Instagram without the app places a healthy barrier to prevent you “social binging” all day.
- Passive Experience – Without using the application Instagram becomes a “quieter” experience for browsing.
Disadvantages of Using Instagram Without the Application
- It’s slower to navigate – Hands down the application is easier and faster to blast through posts, ignoring boring ones and finding interesting ones.
- Reduced privacy – If you’re not careful you may have people looking over your shoulder at your computer screen. You can easily tilt your screen away for more privacy.
- No Direct Messaging – you can’t access or send direct messages while using Instagram online in your web browser.
- No Posting – there’s no functionality for posting while browsing your Instagram online. You’ll need the application or additional software to do this.